Today I ran 8.6K with the running group in 1hour and 10mins. I am pretty happy with this time. It was really foggy this morning and it was pretty warm for first thing in the morning. All the snow is gone and we are suppose to get rain for the next couple days. Yesterday I picked up a pair of Feetures Ultra Light Cushion sock. They are a combination of wool and bamboo. I will try them out on my next slushy run.
A Look Back at 2011
I started running in June of last year and am pretty happy with my progress so far!
I ran my first 5K race, The Barking Frog Summer Night 5K in July. I ran it in 44mins and 43seconds.
I ran my first 1/2 Marathon, The Springbank 1/2 Marathon in September. I ran it in 3hours and 6mins.
I ran my first 10K race, The Halloween Haunting 10K in October. I ran it in 1hour and 18mins.
Over all I am pretty happy with all my times, next year I can only improve!
Total KM ran for 2011 = 711.67! That is just since June!
Most Viewed Posts:
Welcome! - June 19 2011
4.26Mile Treadmill Run and New Car - Nov 22 2011 - I think New Car in the titled is what enticed viewers!
Cross Train and No Bake Energy Bites - Dec 12 2011
8.45K Run and Plantar Fasciitis - Sept 3 2011
Top Keyword Searches:
"was having discomfort with my"
My non running goals include:
1. Drink more water! I need to reach that 8-10 glasses/day minimum!
2. Read at least 12 books this year. My Kobo has made this goal a lot easier I think!
3. Pay off at least 1 credit card. We have made a little dent in our debt load but it seems never ending!
4. Eat healthier. I am a vegetarian, but I am probably the worst vegetarian as I am very picky and love my carbs!
5. Become organized and get rid of the clutter in the house. I found a link to a clutter calendar from Pinterest that I am going to work off of.
1. Run at least 1,500KM in 2012
2. Run a Disney Race! When I started this blog I was hoping to run the Princess 1/2 Marathon in February. Due to finances, this is not going to happen, but I now have my sights set on the Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon in November instead.
2012 Race Calender (Hopefully)
February 26th - Really Chilly 10K Race
April 6th - McFarlan Rowlands Downtown 5K Race
April 15th - Run for Retina 1/2 Marathon
May 27th - Dairy Capital 10K Race - Woodstock, ON
June 10th - Bayfield Safe Harbour 5K Race, Bayfield, ON
June 22nd - Go the Distance 8K Race
June 24th - South Huron 8K Trail Race, Exeter, ON
July 20th - Barking Frog Summer Night 5K Race
Sept 9th - Springbank 1/2 Marathon
Sept 16th - St Marys River 10K Race
Oct 14th - Pinery Provincial Park 10K Race
Oct 28th - Halloween Haunting 10K Race
Nov 10th - Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon