Saturday, December 10, 2011

NCL Sky Cruise to the Bahamas - Trip Report (Day 1) December 4th 2011

We decided to drive to Detroit to save some money instead of taking a shuttle to the airport.  The drive was quick and we only ran into some rain, no snow!  We had a good flight with no hiccups.  When we landed in Miami we had to wait for the hotel shuttle.  The waiting area for the shuttles was complete chaos with no set meeting place.  After about 45mins of waiting we finally see a shuttle for our hotel, The Comfort Inn.  The driver informs us that he can't take us but he would call another shuttle.  (We later met the same driver at the hotel and he was very surprised to see us at the hotel, I think he was a little confused about where we wanted to go the first time we spoke)  I was furious as we already waited longer then I thought we should have.  Finally another shuttle came about 20mins later.  We finally get to the hotel shortly after 5pm.  Our room was not bad considering we only paid $100.

We decided to hit up the Dolphin Mall.  The hotel called us a cab and while we waited we saw a stray orange kitten and a black cat hangout out around the hotel lobby doors. (You will see the cat theme seems to reappear later in the trip)  It broke my heart as I would have taken them up to my room if I could have but they there were not very friendly and seemed pretty used to living outside. I also don't think the hotel would have appreciated it. 
When we finally get to the mall there is a Forever 21.  We are getting a Forever 21 in London so I thought we should check it out.  I bought these beauties, Hello Kitty leg warmers, that I thought would be perfect to wear before cold morning runs.

And then what do we see....  That's right a Coach Factory store.  I have been wanting a coach purse for years, but could not justifying spending $400 on one.  Well when we walked in we were given a coupon for an 40% off the already marked down price and I found this purse on the clearance shelf for 50% off.

I only paid $100!  I saved over $200!
We wandered around the mall for a little bit longer, grabbed a bite to eat at the food court and then headed back to the hotel for the night.  Tomorrow we board the ship for our cruise.  

1 comment:

Aimee said...

That Coach bag is beautiful. What an incredible deal!