Friday, July 15, 2011

Barking Frog Summer Night 5K recap and New Balance Sock review

Tonight I ran my first race, the Barking Frog Summer Night 5K!                                    
                                                                                                                         Official times are not posted yet but I crossed the finished line at 44min and 36sec.  I am very happy with this time as my goal was 46mins. 
My race packet.  # 117, some pamphlets and coupons. 
We also got this nice beer mug!
Me before the race.
Me finishing and high fiving our running group leader!

I also wore a new pair of running socks for my run today, New Balance Elite NBX.
Were they worth the $12 I spent on them?  Not sure.  My feet did not get overly hot so that was good and they are fitted.  I think I may save them and wear them only for races just so I don't wear out my $12 socks too quickly.  They didn't wow me, but I am also not sure how socks would wow me.
Also check out CupCake @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too http://kmaconfessions.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-look-and-100th-post-give-away.html for a giveaway!

No comments: