Monday, July 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Today I did 4.07miles on the elliptical in 65mins.  I am happy with that as it is faster then last week!
Last night I made Peanut Butter Protein Bars.  I got the recipe from Blonde Ponytail @ http://www.blondeponytail.com/ .  They are pretty simple to make and you only need 4 ingredients:  Peanut Butter, Honey, Vanilla Protein Powder and Rolled Oats.
Start with  2 c. peanut butter and 1 3/4 c. of honey
Heat for 90 seconds in a microwave safe bowl, then stir
Add 2 1/4 c. vanilla protein powder
Mix completely, then add about 1 c. of rolled oats
Place the mixture in a pan and refrigerate
Cut up and store refrigerated    

The protein bars turned out pretty good.  I find them a little sweet but I think I will just cut them into smaller squares.  They will definitely make a good snack when I am looking for something sweet.

No comments: