Wednesday, July 27, 2011

8.15K Run

I decided to take yesterday as a rest day as my left leg was a little tight and sore, decided to listen to my body.  So tonight I ran 8.15K in 1hour and 20mins.  Not to bad considering I had to stop and wait from some traffic crossing Oxford Street during rush hour without a light.  This is the route I ran:
N-CLARENCE
W-KENT
X-RICHMOND
W-ALBERT
N-RIDOUT
W-BLACKFRIARS BRIDGE
N-BIKE PATH
X-OXFORD
N-GUNN
W-BEUFORT
N-BIKEPATH TO GIBBONS PARK
X-BRIDGE TO PARK
N-BIKE PATH
H20 STOP AT WASHROOM
N-BIKE PATH
E-HURON
S-TALBOT
S-GIBBONS PLACE
W-BIKEPATH INTO PARK
N-BIKE PATH TO H20 @ WASHROOM OR ELIMINATE 8K without second water stop
S-BIKE PATH TO HARRIS PARK
E-DUNDAS
On tonight's run I tried GU Chomps, Peach Tea flavour and Clif Shot Bloks, Mountain Berry flavour.
  Both were pretty good and they did not bother my stomach.  This run went a lot better then my 12K run on Saturday and made me remember why I enjoy running.  I was starting to doubt myself on Saturday.

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I like Shot Bloks better, and use both the caffeinated and non-caffeinated ones. I tried Gu Chomps, but I don't like the taste as much, even though I think their consistency is better. I know ShotBloks don't bother my belly, but the GuChomps might - still not sure, since I have only taken them when I was running for a long run and was drinking an electrolyte drink.