Monday, July 2, 2012

Cross Train

I was off work today due to the Canada Day holiday.  I went to the gym for some cross training.  I did 2.44miles on the elliptical.  I also visited my friend who happens to be a hairdresser and got my hair cut and highlighted in her kitchen.  I am currently cooking a Mac and Cheese Casserole. Hopefully it turns out alright!  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of elbow noodles
1 can of evaporated milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 cups of shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Spray cooking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
Bring pot of water to a boil; add salt and macaroni.
Cook until al dente.
Drain and return to pot.
Add butter and toss until pasta is coated and butter has melted.
Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, skim milk and egg.  
Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste; set aside.  
Place 1/3 of macaroni in an even layer in the bottom of prepared baking dish; cover evenly with 1/3 cheese.
Repeat with remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
Pour milk mixture evenly over contents of baking dish.
Bake until top layer is lightly browned, 35-45mins.
Let stand for 10-25mins before serving.

Also, make sure you check out Falon Does Marathon for a giveaway!

No comments: