Sunday, July 29, 2012

16.59K Run

Today was our first Port Stanley run of the summer with the running group.  I ran 16.59K in 2hours and 10mins.  This time was pretty fast for me.
The Beach at Port Stanley
Coming up to the finish

Touching the sign to mark the end of the run!
 I think too fast as I ended up getting sick on the drive back to London.  I am not sure where I went wrong.  I drank at all the water stops and drank most of my Gatorade at the finish.  Steven thinks that I was dehydrated and then I drank to much too fast.  I also ate more sooner then I typically do.  Any thoughts on what I should do differently?  I have never been physically sick after a run.  Its a good thing Steven listened when I told him to pull over!
Here is my schedule for next week:

Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: 8K Run
Wednesday: 6K Run
Thursday: 8K Run with Running Group
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 5K Pack Run
Sunday: 12K Run to Port Stanley with Running Group

No comments: