Sunday, January 13, 2013

7.74K Run and Parmesan Hash Brown Cups

Today I ran 7.74K in 58mins. I am pretty happy with this time.  When I woke up it was pouring ran.  I was a little worried we would get poured on, but it let up for the run.  I was a little over dressed because I was worried I was going to be wet and cold, even though it was unseasonably warm again today.  I wore my Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon race shirt in honour of Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend this weekend!  This is the route we took:
west King
north Clarence
diagonal X Victoria Park
north Wellington
east Pall Mall
north William
@ Regent turn around and retrace your steps
For lunch I made Parmesan Hash Brown Cups that I found on Pinterest.  Here is the recipe.
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups of shredded hash browns
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Direction:
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside.  In large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, salt and pepper.  Toss lightly with a fork.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Toss again with a fork until mixture is well combined.  Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups (my batch made 10).  With the back of the spoon, apply gentle pressure to pack mixture into each cup.  Bake for 55mins in lower third of the oven (I moved my up in the over half way through).  Let rest for 5 minutes, run a small knife around the edge of each cup to loosen.
Here is my training schedule for next week:
Monday: Cross Train
Tuesday: 7K Run
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: 7K Run
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 4K Run
Sunday: 9K Run

No comments: