Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Courage to Start Book Review

I am a lot late posting my review for The Courage to Start: A Guide to Running for Your Life by John "The Penguin" Bingham as I was in Disney World for the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, but here it is now!



The book The book is separated into four parts: "The Courage to Start", "The Next Step", "The Road to Victory" and "Running for Your Life".  I found "The Courage to Start" and " The Next Step" resonated to most with me.

Bingham ran a bit when he was younger, but he didn’t start running on a regular basis until he was 43.  When did you begin running?
I started running a year ago last June.

Waddling, round, and emperor-proud, Bingham says he runs like a penguin.  How would you personify your running style?   
I always say, slow and steady wins the race, so I guess I would think of myself as a tortoise!

Which of the four kinds of runners would you identify with the most: the really fast runners, the pretty fast runners, the kind-of-fast runners or the back-of-the-pack runners? Why?
I would consider my self the back of the pack runner because that is where I always am!  It wasn't until the Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon that I finished in the middle of the pack. 

What is your greatest running accomplishment?
Mine would be completing the Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon a little over a week ago!

No comments: