|Me before the race|
|All the port a potties!|
We lined up in the corrals around 9:30pm. First I turned the wrong way and ended up in corral D. I quickly realized my error and made my way to corral C.
|In front of the Tree of Life|
|Just outside of the Animal Kingdom|
|The Osborne Lights!|
The finishing corral was very congested. Runners were suppose to continue through, but I don't think this was happening. I had to really look to find someone handing out medals! I grabbed a water and a box of prepackaged food and made my way to the finisher photos. Then there was the long trek past the bag check and to the exit to grab my drink. It was a long walk to the front of the part to meet Steven. They were doing a bag check for all the runners so I was very glad that just had my water belt. I met up with Steven and hobbled on to Spaceship Earth after I changed into my sandals.
|Me after the race!|
Some General remarks on the race:
- Lots of Volunteers (nice, friendly Volunteers, was complimented on my weight loss from viewing my Driver's License picture!)
- Lots of water stops
- Lots of washrooms
- Napping in the afternoon before the race was definitely was a good choice!
The Not so Good:
- Not as many characters along the course as I thought there was going to be
- The finishing chute was very chaotic and disorganized
- Would be better to have run with someone else, would have added to the fun
- Always feels like you are running at a start of a race as there are s many people around you. A lot of walkers.