Sunday, April 15, 2012

Run for Retina 1/2 Marathon

Today I ran my second 1/2 Marathon, the Run for Retina 1/2 Marathon.




I ran it in 1 hour and 47mins.  I was pretty happy with this as I was hoping for under 1hour and 50mins.
It was calling for rain all week and they were right.  It rained pretty heavily before and during the beginning of the race.
Before the race, trying to keep dry
I made barely made it past the 5K group with out getting trampled.
 I was fortunate that my running group was completing a training run during my race on the same course.  They cheered me on and my running group leader offered to take my jacket for me as I had tied it around my waist after the first KM.  It rained for most of the race but it ended in time for my feet to dry out and finish strong. 
Here I come!
Crossing the finish line
I bought this jacket at the race for $20!
Here is my schedule for next week:
Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: 6K Run
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: 8K Run with the Running Group
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 5K Pack Run
Sunday: 13K Run with the Running Group

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Okay - you are speedy! Congratulations on the great race finish and getting through the 5K mob and rain!