Saturday, April 14, 2012

4.19K Run and Potatoe and Broccoli Soup

Today I ran 4.19K in 34mins.  It was threatening rain today but it held off for my run.  I don't think I am going to be so lucky with my 1/2 Marathon tomorrow as it is calling for thunderstorms.  The news tonight said it was going to be a sticky, hot, rainy day.  Perfect for a 1/2 Marathon... I picked up my race packet yesterday.
Run for Retina Race Packet
I was excited to get a gel to try as I hadn't before.  I hated it!  Yuck!
Today I made some Potatoe and Broccoli Soup which turned out pretty good.


Ingredients:
5 Medium Potatoes, Peeled
1 Can of Cheddar Cheese Soup
6 Cups of Milk
1 1/4 Cup of Broccoli
3/4 Cup of Flour 
1/2 Cup of Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 Tbsp of Onion Powder
1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
Directions:
Peel, halve and boil potatoes for 15-20mins until tender; mash by adding 4 tbsp of milk until creamy.
Over medium heat simmer milk and flour, stir until well blended for about 8mins until it begins to thicken just a bit.
Add cheddar cheese soup concentrate and shredded cheese; mix until well incorporated and cheese is melted.
Add broccoli, mashed potatoes and all seasonings.
Stir repeatedly until potatoes are completely mixed; simmer for 15-20mins to heat, thicken and blend flavours.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your personal preference.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ha - gel can be pretty yuck for sure :)!

Soup looks good.