Sunday, May 12, 2013

Around the Square 10K Race

Today was the Around the Square 10K Race.  I ran it in 01:09:34.  I am pretty happy with this time as I have finally been able to break 01:10!  Before the race it was hailing and during the race it was rainy, windy and snowing at times!  The temperature was -3 with the wind chill!  On May 12th!  Instead of a race shirt we were given blankets!  This was great as it was so cold and wet after my run that I curled up with the blanket for the ride home.  I was also able to talk my parents to come and see me finish since Goderich is about half way between London and Owen Sound. 
Before the race!
Just after the finish.  I think I was saying that I wasn't last!

Here is my schedule for next week:
Monday: Cross Train
Tuesday: 5K Run
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: 6K Run
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 4K Run
Sunday: 8K Run

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Considering the weather you should be even more proud of running a PR. Awesome job! I love the blanket idea. I ran a few races this winter and a blanket would have been a nice giveaway.